Registration and press room
Journalists should register at the Press Office rooms set up at each event to access the exhibition and activities areas.
The following regulations for registration at Fira de Barcelona apply to journalists, photographers, technicians, producers and cameramen, whether Spanish or international, working for daily or non-daily publications as well as online media and specialist blogs.
The following people are entitled to Fira de Barcelona press pass:
Holders of press cards
Holders of a valid press card from organizations, associations and unions of the graphic and written media, registered in Spain, as well as any other international organizations belonging to the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ). The document should be less than four years old.
Journalists, graphic sector professionals
Trade professionals who can prove their identity:
– by a letter from the editor of an outlet (original letter showing the address and telephone number) or by presenting an recent bylined article.
– presentation of a published article showing their name.
Bloggers with a blog that has been running for at least one year, updated weekly, whose subject matter is related to the event they wish to cover. Each individual trade show can establish its own additional regulations or request advance registration for bloggers. Please refer to the respective websites.
People who can prove they work for the Press Office of companies or institutions exhibiting at the event.
Students from Journalism, audiovisual communications or media schools can obtain a one-day pass by presenting a request from their professor describing the work they wish to do.
Rules and exceptions
Press registration can only be collected from the date the show starts, at the Press Office or registration desk set up for the event, and expires as soon as the event closes; consequently, journalists are required to reregister every time they wish to cover an event at Fira de Barcelona.
– Sales staff and people working in the advertising departments of media or agencies will not be registered as members of the press.
– Anyone who does not fulfil the requirements to be registered as a member of the press must buy a general entrance ticket.
– These regulations only apply to events organized by Fira de Barcelona.
– Events organized by other operators and held at the Montjuïc and Gran Via venues will have their own regulations for press registration. In these cases, you should contact the event organizer directly.
Fira de Barcelona reserves the right to exercise its rights with regard to the regulations governing press accreditation.
Àrea de Comunicació
93 233 20 29