FIRA DE BARCELONA and its subsidiaries ALIMENTARIA EXHIBITIONS, S.L.U. and FIRA BARCELONA INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITIONS AND SERVICES, S.L. (hereinafter, all of them included under the name “FIRA DE BARCELONA”) are aware of the importance to our clients of receiving clear, transparent information regarding how we use the information they provide us with.
1. Who is responsible for processing your data?
FIRA INTERNACIONAL DE BARCELONA with CIF Q-0873006-A and its subsidiaries ALIMENTARIA EXHIBITIONS S.L.U. with CIF B-62704457 and FIRA BARCELONA INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITIONS AND SERVICES, S.L. with CIF B-66507088.
Av. Reina Mª Cristina s/n, 08004, Barcelona
932 332 000
2. For what purposes do we process your data?
At FIRA DE BARCELONA, we process the information you provide us with for the following purposes:
a) To send information directly related to your participation at the Exhibition Centre at which you are registered.
b) To send promotional information and/or advertising at our Exhibition Centres and the events we carry out, including by electronic means.
c) To provide help and resolve your queries through the forms included on the Exhibition Centres’ websites, in which case we will contact you by the phone number and/or email you have provided us with.
d) To register your email to so you receive the newsletter we regularly send to our customers, but only in the event that you have requested for that purpose.
e) For management purposes, in this case, of our contractual relationship, including the processing of the participation request and corresponding participation contract, management of invoices and payments, monitoring of payments if they have not been made effective on the agreed date, to promote client loyalty and to conduct service quality surveys.
f) For management purposes of your participation in the contest or raffle according to its terms and conditions.
g) To be able to provide you with products and/or services in accordance with your interests and improve your user experience we will create a client commercial profile on the basis of the information provided. No automated decisions will be taken based on the aforementioned profile.
h) Maintenance of lists of non-commercial deliveries in case we have that does not want to receive promotional information/advertising by electronic means.
i) Updating of lists of removal/cancellation of data in the event that you exercise your right to cancellation of your data. These data will be blocked and with restricted access during the minimum legal term established.
j) To enable the operation of our websites, through technical and functional cookies, as detailed in our cookies policy.
3. How long will we store your data?
Your data will be stored:
1. During the minimum possible legal time frame (ex: in the case of service invoices).
2. In the event that you do not enter into any commercial/trading relations with FIRA DE BARCELONA:
a) If you didn’t attend to any of our events for a period of three (3) annual exhibition editions and
b) if you didn’t attend to any of our events for two (2) editions for biannual and triennial exhibitions.
3. In the event of requests for information or queries: the amount of time required to respond to these.
4. For subscribers to newsletters, after three (3) months, except in the case of unsubscription, mail data will be partially deleted (disassociation), for statistical monitoring.
5. In the event of participating in any of our raffles or contests, until its completion or until compliance with the obligations contemplated in its terms and conditions.
4. What is legal basis for the processing of your data?
Depending on the type of business relationship and/or link with us, the legal basis for processing your personal data may be:
• Your consent, given at the time of voluntarily providing your data in our forms and accepting the processing of personal data in the corresponding box (Ex: Sending of advertising about our exhibitions).
• However, we may process your data based on the existing contractual relationship between the parties as a result of your participation in an event organised by FIRA DE BARCELONA (Ex: Formalisation of the participation contract).
• The execution of the terms and conditions of the contest (execution of contract) in which you have provided your consent to manage your participation.
• The legitimate interest will serve as a legal basis for the processing of your data when browsing our websites (Ex: Navigation on our web pages).
• Legal obligation, included in the European Regulation on Data Protection and the Law of Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce LSSI (Ex: blocking of your data and listing as non-commercial deliveries).
5. Who will we share your data with?
a) Enquiry form data will not be shared with any third parties. They are solely processed internally at FIRA DE BARCELONA.
b) When FIRA DE BARCELONA offers you a service through a third-party provider, your data will be communicated to this company, with strict obligation to confidentiality and after the formalisation of the corresponding contract for the provision of services between the Data Controller (FIRA DE BARCELONA) and the Data Processor (supplier company).
c) For subscribers to the newsletter data will not be transferred, they will be processed by a third company which manages the newsletter, with which the due service contract as Processing Manage has been signed.
In the event of transferring your data to third countries, we take care to ensure the maximum level of privacy and security to our clients’ data. In this regard most of our suppliers and partners are within the EEA (European Economic Area). In the event that any of them be located outside of this area, it must be in a country with appropriate levels of protection in accordance with the criteria of the European Commission. In the case of other countries which do not have laws as strict as European legislation, we apply standard contractual clauses in accordance with the Decision (EU) 2021/914 of 4 June.
FIRA DE BARCELONA guarantees under no circumstances to sell, offer and/or market with the data of its clients.
6. What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
Everyone has the right to obtain clear and understandable information regarding whether their personal data is being processed by FIRA DE BARCELONA.
Interested parties have the right to access their personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purpose they were provided for, as well to withdraw the consent granted. The exercise of opposition to the processing of their data for the sending of advertising information by electronic means. They may also exercise their right to the limitation of the processing, so that their data will not be removed but its processing will be subject to limitations.
The exercising of portability and decision automation do not apply in this case due to the type of data and the processing of these.
The exercise of the aforementioned rights can be made by postal mail, enclosing a copy of your ID or passport, to FIRA INTERNACIONAL DE BARCELONA, to the postal address Av. Reina Mª Cristina s/n, 08004, Barcelona, CRM Marketing Services Department or by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, with the same documentation as by postal mail.
For any queries regarding the processing of your data you may contact our DPO at email@example.com.
However, you may direct your claims arising from the processing of your personal data to the Catalan Data Protection Authority (https://apdcat.gencat.cat).