Fira de Barcelona protects its events
Fira de Barcelona has drawn up a safety and prevention protocol against Covid-19 with the aim of holding its events with maximum safety guarantees for workers, organisers, exhibitors, visitors and suppliers.
The protocol, designed in collaboration with the specialist risk management consultancy Aon and with the advice of the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona, a benchmark epidemiological centre, details a whole set of measures resulting from an exhaustive analysis of more than 400 processes associated with the holding of fairs and congresses.
Extraordinary safety measures
1. Use of face masks
Use of face masks is compulsory at the venues, except in specific parts of the catering area.
2. Social distancing
Spaces and access control, flows and capacities designed to ensure social distancing between people.
3. Sanitizing stations
Deployment of hand sanitizing stations with hydroalcoholic gel dispensers throughout the venue.
4. Disinfection and cleaning
Reinforcement of the cleaning and disinfection protocols to fully guarantee the attendees’ safety.
5. Reinforced ventilation
Improvement of the ventilation system by means of the use of antibacterial filters and increased air renewal frequency.
100% digital registration and access control, cashless payments in all the catering outlets, an online sales service and minimisation of the use and exchange of physical deliverables during the event.
7. Contact traceability
Location of sales contacts through the Lead Retrieval system, which identifies and monitors them in the event of a positive case.
8. AI for capacity control
Cameras equipped with AI (Artificial Intelligence) to regulate the capacities and flows. Wi-Fi control of capacity distribution to ensure social distancing.
Fira protects its events
- Online registration.
- Online sale of services.
- Prior information on mitigation measures related to contagion risk.
- Preparation of guides for the design of stands prepared for the new capacity, safety distances and cleaning protocols.
- Implementation of specific prevention measures during the build-up and breakdown periods.
- Download Radar Covid App (get it on Android or iOS).
- Redesign of the exhibition spaces to ensure distance.
- Information signs on measures to be taken during events.
- Fresh outdoor air injection and reinforced air renovation.
- Flow and capacity control through cameras equipped with artificial intelligence.
- Contact traceability throught the use of the Contact Tracing System in any meeting or interaction of over 15 minutes.
- Installation of screens at all information and customer service points.
- Cashless payment.
- Provision of sanitisation points with hydroalcoholic gel throughout the venue.
- Reinforcement of first aid rooms with specifically trained staff and equipped with all the necessary equipment.
- Creation of isolation rooms for possible positive cases.
- Promotion of virtual activities.
- Distance measures and capacity control at conferences and congresses.
- Stands with adapted designs.
- Capacity limitation at the stands.
- Distribution of exhibitor and visitor material not recommended (documents, brochures, welcome packs, etc.).